About My Travel Log
- My Travel Log is a transportation study commissioned by The City of Calgary and conducted by research consultants Resource Systems Group (RSG) Inc.
- Study results will help planners identify travel patterns and trends, plan and prioritize for future transportation demands, and assess and evaluate long-term transportation plans.
- The study area includes Calgary, Rocky View County, Wheatland County and the Municipal District (MD) of Foothills (see map). Approximately 1,500 households in the study area will be surveyed each year between 2015 and 2019.
- Reports from previous surveys, conducted approximately once every 10 years, are available on www.calgary.ca.
About the study process
- Households in the study area are randomly selected to participate throughout the year.
- Invited households are assigned a travel day, and are provided with a password to participate online or by phone.
- The study consists of three parts: a household questionnaire; tracking your trips using your Travel Log, and a follow-up survey to be completed after the assigned travel day. Invited households that complete all parts of the study will receive your choice of an $10 Amazon.ca gift card or a $10 cash cheque in appreciation (see diagram).